What is Meant by Skills for Progression?
Skills which enable students to retain employment or be successful in further study
We have categorised them as:
2. Problem Solving
4. Self Management
5. Commercial Awareness
Linkages with 2015 CIF
- Staff gather a useful range of accurate assessment information and use this to give learners incisive feedback about what they can do to improve their skills.
- Staff set work that consolidates learning, deepens understanding and develops skills, and prepares learners very well for their next steps.
- Learners are prepared for the next stage of their education, employment, self-employment or training.
- Learners make substantial and sustained progress from their different starting points.
- Learners are exceptionally well-prepared for the next stage of their education, training or employment and have attained relevant qualifications, skills, knowledge and understanding.
Resources – Designed and provided by University of Portsmouth
Commercial Awareness Lesson Pack:
Communication Lesson Pack:
Problem Solving Lesson Pack:
Self-Management Lesson Pack:
Teamwork Lesson Pack:
Marking Criteria and User guide: